Description of the course of Alegrias
With this course you will learn a choreography by alegrías, a flamenco palo traditionally born in Cádiz. Alegrias Follows a twelve-beat rhythm, mixed or amalgam, highlighting its cheerful, sensual and picaro character.
Throughout the course we will work on different variations of the traditional marking by alegrías, as well as numerous actions and steps that will be very useful for other choreographies that you might want to arrange.
What are the requirements?
- It would be good to acquire the musical theme of the course: “Alegría Lenta con Cante, Baile y Guitarra, Tempo 140” by Manuel Salado – SÓLO COMPÁS ALEGRÍAS.
- This course is of a basic level. You must have some technical knowledge about flamenco, although it is quite detailed even for initial students.
- It is necessary to have an appropriate internet connection to be able to follow the videos correctly.
What will I learn in this course?
- This course consists of 22 lessons with more than 100 minutes of content.
- You will expand your knowledge of Flamenco dancing. You will improve the coordination of your movements, as well as acquire a better understanding of the mixed rhythm.
Who is it for?
This choreography is aimed at those flamenco dance fans who already have a basic knowledge of technique and compas. But also for those who have just started and want to learn from scratch, because each step is explained in detail and is very easy to follow.
In addition, we will show you the corrections that you must take into account when dancing, the position of the body, the way of moving the hands and the head and, of course, how to adjust each step to the rhythm of alegrias.
All the lessons of this course
|0. Previous considerations|
|1. Start position and palmas to the rhythm|
|2. Arms movements|
|3. Walking by Alegrías rhythm|
|4. Finishing the first part|
|5. Arms movements and first basic marcaje|
|6. Second basic marcaje|
|7. Third marcaje and remate|
|8. Forth and fifth basic marcaje|
|10. Marcaje while turning -el avion-|
|11. Marcaje lateral with hip movement|
|12. Marcaje while turning and remate|
|13. Start of second lyrics with steps, poses and remates|
|14. Lateral marcaje with a pinch|
|15. Lateral marcaje of hip -samba style-|
|16. Remate with tips and palmas|
|17. Marcaje and simple remate with a shoulder|
|18. Marcaje and double remate with a hip|
|19. Marcaje while turning with a hip movement|
|21. Marcaje front and backwards|
|22. End with palmas and a pose|
|23. Complete dance|
|24. Dance on stage|